Mango ice cream
creamy & soft mango no cook mango ice cream without an ice cream maker
- 2 to 2.25 cups heavy whipping cream or 25% to 35% low fat cream, 500 ml to 562 ml (i used amul 25% low fat cream)
- 1 cup mango puree (pulp)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla powder or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar or powdered jaggery or honey - add as required
- Honey or any sweet syrup to top over the ice cream (optional)
- Blend the vanilla extract and sugar to a smooth pulp.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks are formed.
- Then add the mango pulp. fold or mix well.
- Check the sweetness and add more sugar if required.
- Pour in a tray or container and place in the freezer. cover the container.
- When the ice cream is half frozen remove from the freezer.
- Whip again for a minute.
- Pour the ice cream contents again in the container with lid.
- Freeze till set.
- Scoop the mango ice cream and serve with honey, cakes or just plain.
- Instead of whipping the cream separately, you can also just whip the cream in a blender with the mango puree till soft peaks are formed.
- Sweetness can always be adjusted as per your requirements.
- For best results and a softer texture, whip the cream really well. you can also whip the cream in a blender or a hand blender.
back to recipes